Focal Trio 6
The Focal studio monitor is renowned for its exceptional accuracy and sound quality. It is specifically designed for professional studio environments, providing faithful and detailed sound reproduction.
After the Solo 6 and Twin 6, Focal extends their ST6 Series with the Trio 6 3-way reference monitor!
- Geoptimaliseerde baffle tweeter: uitstekende dispersiecontrole
- W' composiet sandwichconus: geluidsneutraliteit, geen vervorming
- Dual Focus Mode: drie monitoren in één: driewegmonitor, tweewegmonitor (alleen midrange woofer en tweeter) en full-range eenwegmonitor (alleen midrange woofer)
- Grote laminaire poort: geen poortgeluiden of vervorming
- Automatische stand-by modus uitschakelbaar
- Instellingen: in-/uitschakelbaar, LF-shelving, HF-shelving, LMF @ 160Hz
Following Solo6 and Twin6, Focal expands its ST6 range with the Trio6 3-way monitor. This new flagship professional loudspeaker Focal expertise in acoustics and sound reproduction, for even more detail and transparency. Innovative speaker drivers, dual Focus mode, disengageable automatic stand-by, laminar port and strengthened cabinet are just some of the features showcased on this versatile work tool, delivering uncompromising performance.
A DETAILED, TRANSPARENT SOUND
Made in France at the Focal workshops, Trio6 is equipped with an 8" subwoofer with a ‘W’ cone – a patented innovation. Additional features are the 5" midrange woofer incorporating TMD (Tuned Mass Damper) technology, reducing distortion in the 1kHz to 3kHz frequency range by 50%, and a new beryllium tweeter boasting IAL (Infinite Acoustic Loading) to control resonance. Its large laminar port significantly limits port noise and its strengthened cabinet provides even better rigidity and damping, fewer vibrations and therefore less distortion. Trio6 offers remarkable sound neutrality across the full sound spectrum, as well as a precise midrange, impactful bass and excellent dynamics resulting in very low distortion level.
DUAL FOCUS MODE
Trio6 has a dual Focus mode – either one-way or two-way – which creates three monitors in one by combining the iconic Focus mode from the old SM9 star monitor with the new full-range Focus mode from the ST6 line. This new configuration of speaker drivers is available by simply pressing a pedal – as though you had a second pair of studio monitors with reduced frequency response enabling you to check how the mix would adapt to smaller systems. Sound engineers can then preserve the sweet spot when mixing, save space on the desk or console, and simplify cabling and monitor changes.
Like Solo6 and Twin6, Trio6 includes a variable high-pass crossover, a 160Hz parametric crossover to reduce reflections from the console, and an automatic stand-by mode that can be disengaged using a switch the user can access for better loudspeaker control. With its impressively fluid speaker drivers, its fully analog filtering and its carefully considered design to enhance performance, Trio6 is a versatile work tool that will win the complete confidence of sound engineers, sound designers, composers, beatmakers and producers alike.
- Type: 3-way monitor
- Frequency response (@ -3dB): 35Hz – 40kHz
- Focus mode 1: 100Hz – 15kHz
- Focus mode 2: 80Hz – 40kHz
- Maximum SPL (Average CEA2034 50–10kHz free field @ 1m): 115dB
- Focus mode 1 (Average CEA2034 100–10kHz free field @ 1m): 112dB
- Focus mode 2 (Average CEA2034 100–10kHz free field @ 1m): 112 DB
- Input: Balanced XLR 10kΩ
- Bass amplifier stage: 100W RMS, G-class
- Midrange amplifier stage: 100W RMS, G-class
- Treble amplifier stage: 50W RMS, AB-class
- Nominal power supply: 100 – 120V~ 50/60Hz 220 – 240V~ 50/60Hz
- User controls: Sensitivity, Auto standby, Focus mode, HPF, LF Shelv, LMF EQ, HF Shelv
- Fuses: ~100–120V, 50/60Hz, T3.15AH/250V~220–240V, 50/60Hz, T1.6AH/250V
- Bass: 8" 'W' cone
- Midrange: 5" 'W' cone
- Treble: 1.5" Beryllium
- Shielding: No
- Construction: 7/8" (22mm) MDF
- Finish: Dark red natural veneering side panels, black body
- Dimensions (H x L x D): 53.7 x 29.2 x 36.9cm
- Weight: 25 Kg: Temperature range
- During use: 5–35°C During storage: 0–50°C